So, for about a year now, I’ve been using Bloglines as my RSS reader of choice, since I found simply reading RSS feeds saved me time surfing through 20+ websites regularly. My configuration grew to something which now has 80 feeds (a few blogs, but mainly current affairs, IT related news, IT security bulletins and a few publications) and I use Bloglines’ Export feature to export the list of blogs straight from my Feed Reader to my sidebar here.
In the last few weeks however, like others, I’ve gotten annoyed with Bloglines acting like a yoyo, going up and down and up and down – every time displaying that annoying plumber. So I decided I should try and export my Bloglines setup to a new Feed Reader – Google Reader.
I’ve been using it for 2 weeks now and I have to say I’m not looking back. The UI took some initial getting used to, but the “j” and “k” hotkey setup is nice and familiar, although I never did bother learning the Bloglines hotkeys. I believe I’ve retained almost all my previous functionality while gaining a few new ones – the one exception being the ability to export my blog feeds to WordPress, but I’m sure there is a Google Reader API somewhere which can give me that functionality.
Overall, I’m quite impressed.